In partnership with California Department of Veteran Affairs, Habitat for Humanity Riverside will build 26 new, EnergySTAR rated efficient single-family residences dedicated to veterans and families of the fallen. On their journey to home ownership, veterans and their families will attend no-cost, educational workshops that range from financial literacy to health and wellness.
To be considered, applicants must:
1. Be first time home buyer; or cannot have owned a home within the last three years; or recently divorced and buying home for the first time on their own
2. Have satisfactory credit history (credit counseling available)
3. Demonstrated ability to repay mortgage
4. DD214 with honorable discharge
5. Meet income qualification based on family size and applicant annual gross income. Applicants must earn between 50-80% AMI.
Interested in Habitat’s Homeownership Opportunities? Contact us by filling out the form below or by calling our Family Services Manager at 951-787-6754 x 131.
Habitat for Humanity Riverside can offer minor to major exterior repair to the homes of veterans.
“A Brush with Kindness” is an exterior home preservation service that offers painting, landscaping, weather stripping and minor repair services for homeowners in need. A Brush With Kindness helps veterans impacted by age, disability and family circumstances, who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes, reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
Copyright © 2017 - Habitat for Humanity Riverside, Inc.