Own A Habitat Home
Achieve home ownership.
Habitat for Humanity Riverside brings strength, stability, and self-reliance to families in need of a decent place to live by helping them purchase an affordable home.
Our commitment to build with people in need readily extends to those with disabilities. When possible, Habitat houses incorporate basic accessible design features, such as a zero-step entrance and wide passage doors and hallways. Houses built in partnership with families with disabilities include additional accessibility features.
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, satisfactory credit, need and willingness to partner with us for the construction and maintenance of their Habitat home.
- Habitat builds or rehabilitates the Habitat home using volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low and take no profit for our services.
- Partner families contribute “sweat equity” – an investment of labor towards the construction of their future home.
- The Habitat home is sold to our partner family with a low or no-interest, affordable loan with payments that do not exceed 30-35% of the combined household income.
- Payments made by the homeowners are placed in a revolving fund to help Habitat for Humanity serve others in need.
- Must demonstrate need.
- Homebuyers must earn between 30-80% of area median income for Riverside County.
- Must demonstrate financial responsibility by having a steady income and acceptable credit. Need help fixing your credit? Here are some resources that may help you: Credit Resources
- Must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity Riverside by completing sweat equity hours and attending home buyer education courses.
- Must be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must save $500 as a down payment to cover closing costs.
TopApply now- Veteran Build
Habitat Riverside is currently only accepting applications for our Veteran Build. If your family’s income qualifies between 50-80% AMI and the applicant is a veteran, reservist or family of the fallen, please see Veteran Build Qualification Criteria
Interested in Habitat’s Homeownership Opportunities? Contact us by filling out the form below or by calling our Family Services Manager at 951-787-6754 x 131.